In this demonstration we visit the lab and look at the circulation of water based on temperature differences. This demonstration is done using the Oceanic Circulation Model from ScienceKit.com.
Watch on: Youtube | Revver | Vimeo | Download
Host: Michael Doig
- Oceanic Circulation Model
- Water (Hot/Cold)
- Food Coloring
Convection Fast Facts
- Heated fluids rise because they have a lower density
- Cooled fluids fall because they have a higher density
- The Equator gets more solar energy than the poles
- Ocean water gets heated at the Equator and cooled at the poles
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.